Sunday, April 29, 2007

“Damsel in distress”

To you,

Catch me before I fall,
Before the autumn leaves touch the floor,
Save me before I drift,
Before the crashing waves bury the shore.

Exhausted I wait for my hero,
Be my saviour, my salvation,
Knowing with time you will come,
I wither, I fade in anticipation.

My faith that you’ll return deteriorates,
I stand on the edge of hope alone,
Prove wrong the weakness in me,
And lean your merciless heart of stone.

Wake up and breathe, inhale the sunshine,
Will you hear my fading plea?
I never wanted to walk away,
Don’t leave me an empty entity.

I dream, as time runs through my hands
I dream, then dreams turn into fire,
And as the flames in me intoxicate,
The shadow of smoke shapes my desire.

The girl looking back in my reflection,
Has lost all her sense of direction,
It’s getting harder and harder with each day,
What will be the use, if I slip away?
Open your eyes, can’t you see?
I’m asking you please, to catch me.

To catch me before I fall,
Before the autumn leaves touch the floor,
Save me before I drift,
Before the crashing waves bury the shore.

Sincerely, Sincerity

6 Comments:

Blogger Ian Paul said...

Hello, I'm an artist in America and am working on a project concerning the Iraqi experience during occupation. I'm primarily interested in Iraqi bloggers, mainly because of how incredible it is to be able to hear voices that deal with occupation on a daily basis, and to be able to hear it unfiltered and unedited. Your blog seemed really fantastic for the project. The current project I'm working on involves portraiture and selections from various Iraqi blogs, which will be projected in public spaces and documented. The idea is to get new voices heard in public spaces to get people thinking about these issues in new ways. I came across your blog and was interested in knowing if you would like to be a part of the project. All it would involve would be you taking a self portrait, and for you to select several quotes from your blog, which you would like to include in the project. You could choose to stay anonymous or have your name included in the project. If you do get back to me, I'll be able to mail you some photographic prints and send you digital copies of the full project. If you have any questions or would like to know more about the project, please let me know. I'd love to talk about your experiences in Iraq as well as my experiences with the war here in America. I hope to hear back soon, take care and be well.
-Ian Paul
thereaction@gmail.com

7:21 am  
Blogger Hajar Zamzam Ismail said...

Pretty poem...Did you write it yourself? I like to write poetry too.

1:30 am  
Blogger Sincerity said...

thanks:) yea i writ it myself..

3:20 pm  
Blogger Through Grace Peace said...

Our Eyes Dream Acid Tears

One land, one people, all asleep
one dream in every mind
all see words of scripture, captive
in a vise of hatred, crushed
distorted words of God, acid
tears, with screaming lips, the captor
feels the kiss of Satan
on his heart.

9:46 pm  
Blogger Ash said...

beautiful poem....i really love it

8:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

allah yesa3dich imkhabela :P

11:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home