Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Night Musician

Broken strings, broken wings, broken everything.

As I fix my gaze up to the sky,
The sound of silence fills my ears,
And the darkness that surrounds me says

It speaks of your unspoken words.

I cannot play on broken strings,
Neither puppets’ dance, nor my heart in endless melody engage.
As the musician enters into his trance,
Conjuring up the night song, as enchanting as the raw rose, it stings.

I cannot play on broken strings,
Angels don’t fly on broken wings,
But the whisper of the night, it sings

An everlasting chant of ecstasy.

You will bring,
Then come, and share,
And fix my broken everything.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For one reason or another, I absolutely loved this piece! Your writing only gets better. I don't know what your life is like, but I truly hope your always happy.

Well done, keep up the good work, and not once every blue moon, but then again I can see where the time and effort goes...composing such beautiful words.

1:07 am  
Blogger Hajar Zamzam Ismail said...

This poem is beautiful! Everything is broken..., but the night, it's air, its secrets, its darkness, heals the gaping wound.

7:03 pm  
Blogger Little Penguin said...

wonderful..

for a second I thought you'd been under the influence of mind-altering substances, but then it dawned on me.. you're being creative.. it's absolutely wonderful..

fix my everything..

1:01 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It Shows in Your Face
You don't have to tell how you live each day;
You don't have to say if you work or you play;
A tried, true barometer serves in the place --
However you live, it will show in your face.

The false, the deceit that you bear in your heart,
Will not stay inside where it first got a start;
For sinew and blood are a thin veil of lace --
What you wear in your heart, you wear in your face.

If your life is selfless, if for others you live,
For not what you get, but how much you can give;
If you live close to God in his infinite grace --
You don't have to tell it, it shows in your face.

12:02 pm  
Blogger Lunar said...

well done that is really beautiful.
small words which have a lot of meaning :) i like

7:07 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very nice =)

2:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home